Pohjanmaan Yhdistykset ry – Österbottens Föreningar rf - Ostrobothnia's Associations (POHY), aims to support the well-being of the population in Ostrobothnia and act as a common meeting place and living room. POHY is a roof organization for welfare associations in the field of social and health care. We work to disseminate information and make everyday life better for people with disabilities, patients and their family and relatives. We collaborate daily with the City of Vaasa, Vaasa Central Hospital, several educational institutions and other organizations.
POHY is located in Vaasa, Korsholmanpuistikko 44, 2nd floor, 65100 Vaasa. Our organization is mainly funded by STEA, but we also receive grants from the City of Vaasa and other foundations.
The membership fee for 2022 is 40€ per association.
As a member we offer your association
- opportunities for societal impact through joint motions and statements
- free use of our meeting rooms 5 times / month
- better visibility through POHY's communication channels and networks
- information on current events, lectures, seminars, etc. in Ostrobothnia
- recurring and yearly events that are easy to join, such as the Associations at the hospital or Mental Health Week
- possibility to rent cabinet space for e.g. archives, association folders etc.
For students we can offer the opportunity to do your internship with us, come for a study visit and you can volunteer on various events.
Or, why not link your final work/master’s to the world of associations? We are happy to contribute with both topics and information!
Please don’t hesitate to contact us.
POHY - Together towards well-being